Death by Baby Oil

Sterling Anthony, Product Packaging Expert
Case Synopsis: A 16-month old child cried out from his bedroom. The responding father discovered that the child had baby oil around his nose and mouth. The bottle had been on a table where either the child, or his twin, climbed and reached it. Initially the child seemed unhurt; however, the next morning he was having difficulty breathing. The mother took him to the hospital where he was diagnosed to have aspirated baby oil, which coated his lungs. Because of the product’s hydrocarbons, it caused a type of pneumonia. Despite the hospital’s best efforts, the child languished for 28 days before dying. The parents sued the manufacturer of the baby oil in a wrongful death suit, alleging an unreasonably dangerous product and failure to warn. Continue reading “Death by Baby Oil”